With the end of the cricket season fast approaching, here is a reminder of some of the important events coming up. They are:
- Sunday 24th August: Tour game V Reed C.C.
- Monday 25th August: Bank Holiday Six-A-Side Competition involving Great Melton & 7 other teams @ Melton Park from 10.30-6.30.
- Friday 29th August: Junior Festival (Under 9s) @ Melton Park from 3.00-7.00.
- Saturday 13th September: Junior Festival (U10s-U17s) @ Melton Park from 9.30-7.00.
- Saturday 27th September: 40th Anniversary and End-of-Season Celebration @ Bunkers Bar, Dunstan Hall (7.30-12.00)
As well as an excuse to celebrate another season the events above also raise funds towards our general expenses and special projects so we will be running the usual raffles, tombolas, cake stalls etc. If you could spare us a prize for the raffle or any cakes/items for the tombola, they will be gratefully received. Pass them onto a committee member or leave them in the pavilion.
Celia will be sending out details of the 40th Anniversary/End-of-Season event shortly.
Other things to remember are:
- Trophies – Last season's winners please return your trophies to the pavilion.
- Player of the Year voting – This will take place over the next 2 weeks so have a think. We might do it by email this year.
- Team photo's – we could do with some photo's of the senior teams (we've got loads of junior ones!)
- Lost property – there's a lot of clothing & kit (mostly adult) in the lost property box, including Melton shirts, tracksuits etc. as well as several adult hoodies. If you've lost anything, please have a look and reclaim it.
- Saturday 20th & 27th September: Ground Work mornings – putting wicket to bed etc. Many hands make light work!
Good luck with the final matches and a big thank-you, as always, to the many of you that keep our juggernaut rumbling on!